From starting at the kitchen table of Woodrow Cross, to becoming one of the largest insurance providers in New England, Cross Insurance has grown rapidly over the past 65 years. We’ve still held on to our core values of integrity, hard work, and dedication, and are still privately held.
What We Offer
We’re looking for the best talent to build our team, and offer highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Group Life/Supplemental Life
- Group Dental
- Group Vision
- Group Medical
- Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Professional Work Environment
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education
- Claim Management
- Strategic Loss Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Customer Service
- Managing Claim Issues on Behalf of our Clients
- Support Overall Office Goals for New Business and Client Stewardship
The Claims Advocate is expected to assist clients with Risk Management strategies that improve the quality and consistency of claim outcome. Specific to client engagement, the Claims Advocate will understand the needs of the client and proactively provide a service that create efficiencies, compliance, and adds value to the overall client relationship. They will also support commercial lines customers with claim reviews, loss trend analysis and identification of loss avoidance opportunities.
Additionally, the Claims Advocate will be an active member of the Client Service Team assisting with the overall risk management of their clients. Since Claims Advocates have a distinct role as part of the overall client service team, they are expected to conduct their activities proactively and with minimal management oversight, but fully accountable to the service team for their individual responsibilities.
Duties of the Claims Advocate include, but are not limited to:
- Identify all of the Client’s insurance policies and understand claim reporting requirements for each.
- Assist the Client with understanding the Claim process and providing necessary information to assist in the adjustment process.
- Negotiate with Carrier Adjusters in closing/reducing claims for Property, Liability, and, prior to unit Stat date, for Workers Compensation
- Engage with Carriers regarding claim activity, claim development, and status of significant claims.
- Understand the Client’s business and unique needs around Claims Management.
Professional Development and continuing education is required of all Claim Advocates. In addition to maintenance of Insurance licensing the expectation includes learning new lines of coverage, technical development, and growing your presence in the local/regional insurance industry.