From starting at the kitchen table of Woodrow Cross, to becoming one of the largest insurance providers in New England, Cross Insurance has grown rapidly over the past 65 years. We’ve still held on to our core values of integrity, hard work, and dedication, and are still privately held.
What We Offer
We’re looking for the best talent to build our team, and offer highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Group Life/Supplemental Life
- Group Dental
- Group Vision
- Group Medical
- Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Professional Work Environment
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education
A Commercial Lines Processor is primarily responsible for processing documents related to personal lines insurance and providing administrative support to the Producers and Account Managers.
Standard duties of a Commercial Lines Processor include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and following the Cross Basic Procedure Manual.
- Understanding and following the Commercial Lines Workflow Manual.
- Auditing transaction to ensure that the correct Action Codes are being used.
- Following up and completing open suspense’s daily.
- Running the download reports daily.
- Processing the download report which includes reviewing new business, endorsements, renewals, cancellations, and reinstatements for accuracy.
- Invoicing all types of download transactions.
- Mailing new business letters to clients.
- Entering claims acknowledgements as received.
- Following up on open claims to ensure that AMS has all updated information regarding claims payouts and whether the claim has been closed.
- Processing mail for Producers and Account Managers that don’t require transactions by a licensed agent.
- Sort and distribute the mail to Producers and/or Account Managers that need to be handled by a licensed agent.
- Auditing new business to make sure workflow has been completed correctly (quote sheets, signed applications, completed checklists, etc.).
- Scanning hard files into AMS360.
- Organize, set, and maintain priorities.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with AMS360 and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Teams).
- Understanding the core job responsibilities of Producers and Account Managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.