From starting at the kitchen table of Woodrow Cross, to becoming one of the largest insurance providers in New England, Cross Insurance has grown rapidly over the past 65 years. We’ve still held on to our core values of integrity, hard work, and dedication, and are still privately held.
We’re looking for the best talent to build our team, and offer highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Group Life/Supplemental Life
- Group Dental
- Group Vision
- Group Medical
- Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Professional Work Environment
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education
A Senior Account Executive is primarily responsible for the servicing, retention, and rounding of a specialized (VIP) or larger than average personal lines insurance book of business while creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, underwriters, and other industry professionals. Tenured employee who has a proven level of knowledge and experience to offer support to their colleagues.
Duties of a Senior Account Executive include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a Property & Casualty license along with keeping up with Continuing Education
- Understanding and following the Cross Basic Procedure Manual
- Understanding and following the Personal Lines Workflow Manual
- Only using approved Action Codes in AMS 360.
- Following up and completing open suspense’s daily.
- Servicing and selling personal insurance products to prospective and existing clients.
- Establish & maintain good working relationships with company personnel (underwriters, marketing representatives, companies service center, and claims representatives).
- Providing quality customer service to existing and prospective clients.
- Proactively retaining accounts when applicable.
- Staying up to date on new insurance products and market/industry trends.
- The ability to understand and analyze insurance coverage and policy forms.
- Strong written, oral and phone communication skills
- Organize, set, and maintain priorities
- Working knowledge and/or experience with AMS360, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Teams), and PL Rater.
- Collecting payment information, uploading payments to various company websites, and recording activity notes in AMS360.
- Meeting annual sales goal.
- Following up on all ‘Broker of Record’ letters within your assigned book of business.
- Having the knowledge and experience to handle or consult on complex accounts.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Service a specialized or larger than average book of business.
- Reinforcing and answering workflow questions from other staff members.
- Act as a mentor to colleagues as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.