Account Managers are primarily responsible for servicing policies (new and renewal) for commercial customers of Cross Insurance, while creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, underwriters and other professionals.
Duties of an Account Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Understand the daily business operations and basic exposures of our customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries including coverage questions, requests for documentation with direction of the Account Executive
- Follow-up with underwriters for the timely receipt of quotes.
- Respond to requests from underwriters.
- Produce binders for New Accounts
- Answer questions posed by CSRs
- Facilitate audit disputes.
- Pursue prompt payment of agency bill invoices and request cancellation of policy when payment(s) are not received per Cross guidelines.
- Refer customers to other branches of Cross Insurance- Employee Benefits, Personal Lines, etc.
- Collect applications and underwriting information from Account Executive (AE) as necessary to market new and renewal policies. Assist AE in completing these items if possible.
- Complete “Yes” or “No” sections of CL Checklist.
- Add Master COIs & EPIs when new accounts are written
- Create new policy issuance instructions, quote instructions and renewal instructions for insurance company. (Bind Order)
- Provide CSR with instructions for processing new and renewal policies utilizing the Processing Instructions Guideline (PIG) worksheet. (If needed)
- Meet with AE monthly to review marketing instructions.
- Prepare renewal summaries and proposals
- Prepare new business submissions and proposals
- Has In-Depth Technical Knowledge of Insurance Coverages & Products to advise clients with very little direction of Account Executive
- Visit clients as necessary as a proxy for Account Executive
- Assist in soliciting increases in coverage (Round out accounts)
- Handles Large Complex Accounts
- 5 or more years Experience
- Can provide an Analysis of Coverage
Attain CE credits as necessary for licensing