Responsible for managing the operational activities of staff and accounts in large commercial segment to achieve profitability and ensure consistent standards of sales, service and professionalism as defined by Cross Insurance Procedure Manual and Quality Management standards. This will include establishing and measuring the goals and performance of the unit members, coordinating and managing account strategies as well as promoting and executing department education. Manager, Large Commercial is a senior leadership role, and key member of the regional leadership team, who reports directly to the President, Coastal Region.
Key Tasks: Staff
- Participate, as needed, in interviewing, hiring and development of department staff.
- Responsible for management of staff within Cross Procedure Manual and QM metrics.
- Responsible for the management of department employees through performance reviews, performance improvement plans, organizing coverage for staffing shortages, workload and departmental issues.
- Lead department in development and successful completion of individual and departmental goals.
- Working with Team Leaders and local manager to conduct effective performance reviews and aid in setting measurable goals.
- Develop effective interdepartmental communication strategies. Foster team behavior and a sales-oriented department culture.
Key Tasks: Quality Management
- Adhere to and mandate Team is following the Cross Procedure Manual and Master CL Workflow Manual.
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service of new and existing clients through sales, account development, and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based in the Cross Procedure Manual, Master CL Workflow Manual and QM metrics.
- Maintain quality control of renewal expirations, avoid any lapse in coverage. Ensure team members are addressing renewals in a timely manner.
- Produce and monitor various monthly reports to ensure all policies have been renewed in a timely manner, invoicing is completed in accordance with Best Practices, review team members open items, workloads and backlog.
- Utilize QM Reports to track and measure individuals’ performance and adherence to Quality Management Audits
Key Tasks: CL Operations:
- Working with Producer/AE Team on account retention on a monthly basis, ensure adherence to retention goals, achieve agency goals regarding percentage of retained business through proactive measures.
- Maintain the working spreadsheet to track AM’s Renewal Kits to Producers; Checklists, Submissions out to Carriers, Quotes Received, Proposals completed and to Producers to include all sign off forms etc.
- Identify top targets at competing companies for a solid ‘hit’ list.
- Work with Team Leads identifying areas of improvement, create efficiencies and improve margins.
- Monitor Stewardship initiative — client meetings, peer reviews, monthly reporting.
- Initiate regularly scheduled Commercial Lines Operations calls and meetings and communicate information on new and existing initiatives to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passing Quality Management Audit
- New business and retention results
- Quality of carrier relationships
- Quality and execution of performance and learning plans