The Project Manager is responsible for managing a variety of information technology and business operations projects over the life of the project from ideation through development, launch, and finally discontinuance in support of Cross Insurance. The Project Manager is responsible for strategic project roadmaps, prioritization of work, research and design of software, creation, delivery and management of project roadmaps and IT programs, and management of resource allocations for the delivery team assigned.
The Project Manager interfaces closely with business stakeholders and other Project Managers to understand and influence the business strategy and create corresponding strategies and roadmaps. The incumbent interfaces between the customer and the project team during project development and represents the voice of the customer. This position is ultimately accountable for the successful delivery of projects, programs and efforts for the purpose of realizing the product roadmaps.
This incumbent brings an entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration and influence.
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines, and allocating resources
- Analyzes, delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
Critical Thinking – actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.
Conflict Resolution – The ability to find a peaceful solution to a disagreement.
Communication – The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and concretely in writing and verbally in a positive manner to foster the sharing of knowledge.
Active Listening – The ability to keep you engaged with your conversation partner in a positive way. The process of listening attentively while someone else speaks, paraphrasing and reflecting back what is said, and withholding judgment and advice.