- Initial point of contact for employer groups/employees on service related issues.
- Foster long term relationships between Cross Benefit Solutions, our clients and their employees.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and rapport with each insurance carrier to satisfy our clients’ needs and facilitate the processing of business.
- Build solid partnership with Producers, Account Executives and Account Managers.
- Make a positive contribution to the overall success of the Cross Benefit Solutions team.
- Assist clients and their employees with day to day customer service correspondence on billing, eligibility and claims questions/concerns along with other issues as they may arise.
- Notify Producer/Account Executive and/or Account Manager of any elevated billing, enrollment or claim issues.
- Follow Quality Management guidelines to ensure proper and timely administration of assigned duties and functions.
- Process enrollments/terminations in appropriate carrier websites or via email to carrier customer support in coordination with Enrollment Specialist.
- Create and maintain daily customer service, new group, and pre & renewal activities in Brokerage Builder.
- Current groups – may be required to provide pre-renewal notice (90 days in advance); obtain and send renewal to Account Manager with copy to Producer and Account Executive; request current census; market and quote benefit products with assistance of Producer/Account Executive and/or Account Manager; review quotes for accuracy; produce proposal for presentation to client. In absence of an Account Manager, assist Producer/Account Executive in all aspects of renewal submission.
- Prospect groups – may be required to market and quote benefit products with assistance of Producer/Account Executive and/or Account Manager; review quotes for accuracy; produce proposal for presentation to prospective client. In absence of an Account Manager, assist Producer/Account Executive in all aspects of new group submission.
- Maintain awareness of new developments or changes with the various carriers and new Federal/State laws that may affect how our clients must administer their benefit programs.
- Complete tasks in Brokerage Builder.
- Attend and complete any training sessions or assignments as required.
- Adhere to client service standards of the department and agency.
- College degree preferred, however at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent degree and at least two years of experience in employee benefit account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maine agent’s license in Health and Life.
- Possess communication skills necessary to communicate with insurance companies, clients and prospects concerning employee benefit lines of coverage.
- High level of patience and empathy while working under pressure.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred, basic working knowledge required. Knowledge of Power Point preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, responsive and self-motivated.
- Team player and task oriented.
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions